It’s truly exciting to buy a brand new home, especially one built to some of your own specifications! But it’s important to remember that buying a home, even “just” buying a new home from a builder, is an enormous personal and financial decision. A decision that requires careful consideration of options, skilled negotiation in price, and expert negotiation of contract clauses that affect the long term costs of your investment.
Get Your Real Estate Agent First
Just as with any home purchase, the most important first step when buying a “new build” home is to find a qualified real estate agent to represent your needs. Since Exclusive Buyer Agents represent only home buyers, never sellers or builders, we can offer a higher level of savings, selection and dedication than you can expect to find from traditional real estate agents who often have the needs of the seller or builder in mind.
We Don’t Cost You Anything
Since there is already a broker fee included in the cost of a new home, it doesn’t cost you anything to have an Exclusive Buyer Agent work with you in finding, purchasing, and financing a new home. If you choose not to use a real estate agent, the builder simply keeps the broker fee, because they are not legally allowed to give you any cash back if you are not licensed as a real estate agent.
Furthermore, at Buyer’s Resource Realty Services, we make sure that any agent incentives or perks are given to you or taken off of the final contract price.
What Our Exclusive Buyer Agents Offer
- Our knowledge and history of various developments can help match you with the right community for your needs.
- We understand builders’ pricing strategies and can help you find your best negotiating strategy.
- Our knowledge of the builders themselves…their capabilities and reputations… can help you find the best company that will build a new home for your money. Builders can differ greatly in their quality, follow-up, warranty protection and financial stability. Having a new home built is a challenge… many builders can get it done…but you want to select a builder that will be there to back up their work… now and in the future.
- In many cases, lower prices or other concessions are offered to buyers with buyer agents, as builders consider these agents as an investment toward a future relationship. While an individual buyer buys only one home, a buyer’s agent who has a good experience is likely to refer other clients toward the quality builders and their communities.
- Be sure, however, to use only Exclusive Buyer Agents who can help buyers with both new and existing homes. So-called “new home specialists” often do not have access to or knowledge of existing homes and may have monetary relationships with builders, which can cost you thousands and severely limit the scope of their recommendations.
Contact us now and see for yourself how much we can help!